Aims of Ministry
1. In the name of “TKC”(please refer to the footnote), we aim to help the youths
take roots in Taiwan, to commit themselves to Christ and to identify with the Presbyterian
order, faith and tradition, so that the youths can be proud of being PCT members.
2. According to the Presbyterian system, we establish multiple youth ministries
whose main body is presbytery, subsidize youth missions and activities held by presbyteries/districts,
and encourage all presbyteries/districts to develop youth ministries with their
own features in the local contexts.
3. We empower the youths, and from bottom upward, encourage them to design ministries
with the spirit of youth. Among churches, we create opportunities for youths to
take part in decision making in major events, anticipating that the youths can be
more influential and more involved in the church affairs.
4. “Youth Mission Center” serves as a platform to integrate youth ministries done
by general committee of youth, higher education, women, Indigenous, Hakka, ecumenical,
and church-society, etc.
5. We encourage every presbytery/district to appoint their own youth program secretaries
in order to plan, integrate the resources of churches, and execute youth ministries
in their presbyteries/districts.
6. Missionary work should be closely connected to the society. National youth policy
will also have impact on the situation of youths in the churches. Therefore, we
should discuss and cooperate with other NGOs, and participate proactively in the
issue about youths to make structural reforms on social structure.